переезд (Мексика, Латинская Америка).
1 - 5 человек
T1A an IT consulting focusing on enterprise data solutions: Azure, AWS, Cloudera, SAS and others. They have around 20 onshore consultants based in North America and about the same number of offshore team members. Despite being small they have successful project streams with a number of key enterprise clients.
Tier One Analytics (T1A) is looking for Data Architect with experience of building enterprise-scale data solutions.
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks with Spark (language of choice: Scala), ADLS gen2 data lake storage, SQL Server Database, Azure Synapse SQL Warehouse.
- Looking to start using Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- А bit of on-premises components (Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Relocation to Latin America in next 2 months. T1A currently has consultants who've landed in Mexico. Several other Caribbean countries also offer attractive visa programs, some are highly tax-advantaged (no local income tax).
- For a successful long-term colleague, after a certain period, they can consider offering visa support for relocation to Canada, US or Czech Republic — those are countries where T1A has corporate resource centers (local full-time employees and extensive experience in employees relocation).
You will join a small team that develops and maintains an existing solution for Azure Cloud Data Lake hydration (data landing, loading, data integrity controls, etc.) for an enterprise client in Canada. After this project dries up, jointly ventures with them in other ongoing and new Azure and/or AWS-based data integration projects with this and other clients.
Functions mix (can be different on subsequent projects):
- 30% data engineering (new feature development or significant improvement) with Azure technologies listed above.
- 40% data and solution analysis: analyzing requirements for new data onboarding, building, and testing solution framework configurations to enable this data loading by leveraging existing framework (no-code/low-code).
- 25% complex production issue remediation and root cause resolution and solution hardening. They're not doing Lev 1/2 support like routine jobs monitoring and restart, but an existing ETL support team comes back to the project squad for non-trivial and repeated issues, defects, data quality issues, etc.
- 10% DevOps process improvements (currently very rudimentary).
- You’ll be doing all the above in a relaxed informal "Kanban-like" agile process.
They will consider anything from "strong staff developer/analyst that is efficiently and thoughtfully doing their job on assigned stories, and able to adequately support tactical communications with client's IT and briefly present their status of work on a standup" to senior-level resources ideally taking Tech Lead / Delivery Lead/ Solution Architect role(s) with nearly-full or full customer-facing representation of the project. Compensation expectations would vary accordingly.
- English proficiency (written and verbal): B2 (minimum) — C1 (ideally).
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Quick learner and starter — must get into an established project and ramp up really quickly (with all due support).
- Attentiveness to details, scrupulousness, reasonable perfectionism.
- Strong Data Warehousing and ETL background (regardless of technology), ideally with Senior Engineer / Senior Analyst / Tech Lead / Solution Architect) roles.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Big Data / Hadoop experience (Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Fluent SQL.
- Reasonably strong Shell scripting.
- Cloud Data Ecosystems experience (AWS or Azure, ideally Azure).
- Strong experience with (any) Massively Parallel Data Warehousing Appliance (Teradata, GreenPlum, Vertica, etc.).
- USD salary paid directly from Canadian entity (you'll be in an individual contractor status) — 4-5 / 5-6 / 6k+ USD per month, depending on the candidate's level.
- Relocation expenses reimbursement.
- Work is possible both in the medium term (1 year) and in the long term.