Scentbird inspires fragrance lovers to go beyond the ordinary and sample scents that evoke passion, confidence, and the unknown. Their mission is to revolutionize the way we perfume by bringing the ultimate fragrance playground right to your fingertips and offering a digital subscription service that lets members choose from over 500+ designer perfumes each month.
About the Brands:
- Scentbird: The easiest way for fragrance lovers to discover, try, and buy their favorite scented products without a commitment.
- Deck of Scarlet: Deck of Scarlet was created to break the boredom and shake up clean beauty. The line of bold cosmetics features vivid colors, innovative textures, and unprecedented finishes that bring the fun and creativity back to clean beauty.
- Confessions Of A Rebel: We’re not afraid to provoke. Our fragrances are made to excite and inspire: some are subversive, others are straightforward, all are compelling in their own right. He, she, they, YOU - our confessions are not caged in by gender.
- Goodhabit: Built for the digitally native generation, Goodhabit is pioneering the movement in defending your skin against artificial blue light and modern day skin stressors. We’re developing clean, conscious, and effective skincare solutions that keep you connected, and your skin, protected.
GraphQL, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, AWS, Grafana, New Relic, SPA, Kubernetes.
About the Role
- One of the most important ports of our business is our operations. Ability to respond to customer requests quickly, send orders without any problems and have visibility into inventory play critical roles in company success. That’s why our back office team developed several systems that allow us to be flexible and effective. But the more we grow the more we have operations related tasks and we need to keep up with a growing complexity of our business.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Develop features and improvements to the Scentbird product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management and stakeholders from Ops and CS to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- Represent Scentbird and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Work on home grown warehouse execution system that allows our Ops team ship ten of thousands of orders daily.
- Improve CRM system that is used by our CS team 24/7.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
- Significant professional experience with Java or language required by the specialty, 7+ years experience.
- Experience with GraphQL, SpringBoot.
- Experience with PostgresQL 2+ years.
- Experience with Angular and SPA 2+ years.
- Experience with Electron 2+ years.
- Experience with cloud providers Amazon AWS or similar.
- Experience with Graphana/NewRelic or similar technologies.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems JVM profiling, database profiling).
- Experience working as an on-call person is a plus.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- CI/CD experience.
- TDD experience is a plus.
- Competitive base compensation.
- Bonus program.
- Paid Time Off and Work From Home.
- A fun, creative and energetic work environment.