Datafold is a data observability platform that helps Data teams move faster and with higher confidence by automating data quality analysis, monitoring, and common repetitive tasks in data engineering workflow.
If you are not very familiar with the data domain, the nature of their product is similar to APM tools such as Prometheus, Datadog and New Relic: they collect and integrate metadata about their customers data infrastructure, pipelines and datasets and provide valuable insights.
They are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join their team to build together the definitive product in the data observability space.
- Their current stack includes Python, Flask, Celery & PostgreSQL in the backend.
- They use graph database Neo4j for storing highly-connected data.
- The front end is implemented in TypeScript and React/Redux.
By the nature of their product, they have to deal with a wide range of engineering problems ranging from time-series machine learning for metric monitoring and alerting, to source code parsing for data lineage (dependency tracking) to anomaly detection on graph data.
- They are a highly technical team with deep expertise in the Data domain: their founders built real-time telemetry systems and scaled some of the world’s largest data platforms at Autodesk and Lyft. Their company is backed by top-tier investors including YCombinator&NEA.
- Now is a unique time to join the team since, on the one hand, they already have great momentum behind them — product, customers, investors, funding — but on the other hand, there is so much ahead and so many opportunities for the early team members to shape their product, technical stack, and culture.
- Since the very beginning, the team has been remote & working from multiple continents and time zones. They value strong work ethics, honesty, and a growth mindset and are looking for mature and well-organized professionals who are excited about building a new and innovative product that will redefine how organizations use data.
- Own the development of new features & support existing product.
- Write clean, maintainable and secure code.
- Design APIs and system architecture.
- Clearly communicate with the team. They are fully remote.
- Develop backend (Python, SQLalchemy, Neo4j, Flask, Celery).
- Interface with analytical databases (BigQuery, Snowflake).
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Solid Python and SQL skills.
- Deep understanding of web-related technologies.
- Substantial experience in backend development and API design.
- User-level experience in Linux & common tooling (Git, Docker).
- English is a must (Advanced level).