Java / Scala
Evolution is a world-leading B2B provider of video-streamed Live Dealer gaming, committed to deliver a unique and flawless gameplay across multiple platforms through revolutionary product innovation. Now they are looking for a Scala Engineer.
Scala, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, JIRA, Confluence, GitLab, Jenkins.
Why we are recommending
- Truly interesting technical challenges.
- Be proactive, pragmatic and professional, deliver results.
- Write code that make games and related functionality run.
- Write unit and other automated tests.
- Work and communicate efficiently with the rest of the development team, including PO, front-end developers and designers.
- Actively participate in code reviews so that code delivered by you and your team is of great quality.
- Own your applications, ensure they deploy and run 24/7 on company Kubernetes platform with great performance.
- Be ready to invest the effort to become an even better developer.
- Passion for our profession, in particular Scala and Functional Programming, and improving yourself technically.
- Proven experience in delivering production software using Scala or comparable experience, such as extensive JVM or Haskell experience.
- Interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming.
- Excellent communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent.
Will be a plus:
- Experience building high performance clustered systems, modular FP-based architecture, as well as actor systems, where they are necessary.
- Experience in Cats or Scalaz, Cats Effect, ZIO, Monix, Akka Actors, Persistence, Cluster & HTTP, http4s, Tagless Final or Scala.js.
- Experience with Event Sourcing & CQRS.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Entrepreneur culture of the company, which allows you to try new approaches and technologies all the time.
- Recognition from the business which translates to very competitive salaries and a supportive attitude.
- Developing games featuring live video serving customers around the world.
- Modern and developer-friendly delivery processes, including Agile (Scrum or Kanban), JIRA issue tracking, Confluence wiki, GitLab source control, Jenkins continuous integration and delivery, modern hardware and software for development (an IDE of your choice).
- Being a part of an international team in a successful, publicly traded company.
- Health insurance, contemporary office environment, tech conference attendance, training, relocation package and other benefits and perks.
- Recruiter screen.
- Test task.
- Technical interview.
- Evolution Engineering — Culture and Technology video: link.
- Open source: link.
- Vera Nikalaikina, Scala Engineer at Evolution “Why Scala?”: link.
- Implement cache together, Yaroslav Klymko, Scala Engineer at Evolution: link.