переезд (Сан-Франциско, США) или полная удаленка — на выбор.
1 - 5 человек
Cube.js is building a technology stack for modern analytics. Most of Cube.js software is open- source and is used by thousands of developers. Cube.js is looking for Senior Node.js Engineer to join Cube.js Core team to build state-of-the-art analytics data access technology.
(GMT-7), San-Francisco, California, USA.
Pavel Tiunov, CTO.
Why we are recommending
- Most of Cube.js software is open- source.
- Ability to work remotely or relocate to the USA.
Some of the things you’ll be working on:
- SQL generation and rewriting. Cube.js is a simple yet powerful way to organize SQL queries. The Cube.js way is to generate the best possible SQL query for a given database while abstracting all complex stuff from users and giving them full power of SQL at the same time. To solve this problem, Cube.js parses SQL queries written by users to understand the structure and rewrites them to apply performance optimizations.
- Rollup DB. Cube.js is used to serve analytics for trillions of data points with sub-second response times. To keep up-to-date with growing big data demands and serving speeds we’re developing our own database optimized for serving huge aggregated tables with latencies of several milliseconds.
- Cube.js APM. One of the main tech problems for Cube Cloud is to provide APM analytics of Cube.js instances using Cube.js itself. Being purely a dog food problem, large-scale real-time analytics has a lot of challenges, most of which will be solved for the first time ever using the SQL approach.
- Expert in data structures and algorithms.
- Solid understanding of how databases work.
- Good communication skills.
- B2+ English.
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company.
As a plus:
- Experience with contributing to or the maintenance of an open-source project.
- Experience in data engineering, building analytics applications, or OLAP.
- Experience with Docker and k8s, AWS, GCP.
- C++, Rust, or any other low-level language experience.
- Understanding of how V8 works.
- This is a remote position. Any location is ok, as long as we can expect that person to be online till 1 pm PT.
- They can pay for your desk at the co-working space you to choose to work from.
- Down the road, the company offers an optional relocation to HQ in San-Francisco, California with visa (H1-B or O-1) sponsorship.
- A stock options in US company.
- HR interview.
- Try 3-4 tournaments on codesignal.com and send the result.
- Technical interview with CTO.
- Test task/introduction to the product (create a dashboard using Cube.js).
- Final interview, discussion of the product, used technologies and conditions.
Company's GitHub account: link.