Москва (м. Отрадное) или полная удаленка — на выбор.
6 - 10 человек
Smartcat is the operating system for the global translation industry. Their team believes that the world becomes ever-more connected and interdependent. The borders that prevent people from trading, working together, and exchanging knowledge and innovations erode over time. That is the future they want to live in. Their mission is to speed up the pace at which that happens, building the best platform for Connected Translation. They don’t believe automation will render language professionals obsolete. Instead, they place powerful software into the hands of the millions of people working to globalize their own industries, plug them into global supply network, and enable continuous delivery of multilingual content. With tens of thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands of freelancers translating together on Smartcat.
Now they're looking for Product Lead.
Your mission for the next 12 months will be to build an easy-to-use product that helps end buyers automatically select freelance linguists or translation agencies depending on a buyer's content, language pair and budget (will require to work with engineers in machine learning and big data). Under the hood, you will work with Smartcat’s 350,000 marketplace of freelancers and a powerful workflow automation platform. Your success will be measured by creating a scalable new product from scratch, with a revenue growth rate exceeding 50% quarter over quarter for the first 24 months.
- Build and test a successful product MVP within the first 3 months after joining. This will assume productizing their patented algorithm to automatically match a buyer's content with the best linguists or an agency selected among 350,000 vendors on the platform based on the content they translated before, rates, availability, etc. It will also incorporate automation of multistage workflow all the way through the content delivery back to the buyer via UI or internal corporate platforms (such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Sharepoint, etc.), as well as B2B checkout compliant with the standard purchasing processes of global companies.
- Reach the first 100 paying buyers in the next 3 months after you are out of MVP.
- After that, identify scaling bottlenecks, create a product roadmap and GTM strategy for the next 2 years to achieve 10,000 recurring corporate buyers.
- Solid achievements as a product manager in B2B SaaS and/or marketplace platforms with a focus on product-led growth.
- Excellent control of customer-driven product development and experience of achieving a product-market fit through deep understanding of your customers’ needs and pain points.
- Experience generating and fast-checking product hypotheses leading to consistent growth.
- Ability to understand the Smartcat product strategy and the platform’s functionality. They are building a market network for the global language industry while engaging several sides of the marketplace and running several products combined in an all-in-one platform offering.
- Fluent Russian and English, both written and spoken.
- Exceptional communication skills to interact with colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Growth-oriented mindset.
- Aggressive drive for growth and high tolerance for uncertainty and risk.
- Exceptional commitment to evidence- and data-informed decision making.
- Integrity, full commitment, and a strong sense of ownership.
- Readiness to work in a highly intense startup environment, requiring extreme focus, a sense of urgency, and persistence to break through.
- Openness to feedback and alternative opinions and ideas.
- Comfortable working with remote teams across time zones.
- Easygoing personality, high tolerance to cultural differences.
Why joining Smartcat might be your best move so far
- The ongoing rise of the content economy is causing a massive shift in the language industry. All today’s megatrends — big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning — are converging in it at lightning speed. Smartcat’s disruptive business model taps into this $50b industry with a market network where buyers and suppliers connect, collaborate, and leverage company free-to-use workflow SaaS. The next decade will be the era of market networks and reinventing the $10 trillion service economy, and they’re pioneering this global transformation in all things language-related.
- You will drive changes in how an old-fashioned global language industry operates while improving how hundreds of thousands of people work, and millions of people exchange knowledge and ideas in the world.
- While the language industry is big and fragmented enough to keep them busy building a billion-dollar company in the next few years, they are already seeing how the network naturally expands to adjacent language and content-related verticals, expanding their TAM and making journey even more exciting.
- They are a global team of 100+ enthusiastic people, with hubs in Boston, Amsterdam, Limassol, Moscow, and Hong Kong — and their users and partners are scattered all around the globe. They’re eager to succeed and transform the world of language services for the better. They grow aggressively while preserving their culture of empathy. As diverse as they are, they love working and having fun together, and they’re sure you’ll love working with them too.
- Smartcat is backed by Matrix Partners, FJ Labs, and other top VC firms focusing on SaaS and marketplace startups (like HubSpot, Zendesk, Uber, Stripe, RigUp and Quora in their portfolios). This helps them innovate at a fast pace and learn from top professionals in other industries.