Москва (м. Отрадное) или полная удаленка — на выбор.
6 - 10 человек
Smartcat is the operating system for the global translation industry. Their team believes that the world becomes ever-more connected and interdependent. The borders that prevent people from trading, working together, and exchanging knowledge and innovations erode over time. That is the future they want to live in. Their mission is to speed up the pace at which that happens, building the best platform for Connected Translation. They don’t believe automation will render language professionals obsolete. Instead, they place powerful software into the hands of the millions of people working to globalize their own industries, plug them into our global supply network, and enable continuous delivery of multilingual content. With tens of thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands of freelancers translating together on Smartcat. Smartcat develops collaboration software to help a multi-sided marketplace of brands, agencies, and freelance linguists translate content together.
Now they're looking for Marketplace Development Team Lead. Your mission is to build and lead а developer team to accelerate hypothesis testing (release cycle) up to 3 days in 12 months while ensuring quality and scalability for the module.
C#, TypeScript, .Net, Vue.js, Vuex, MongoDB, OOP.
Arseniy Konov, Operations Director.
- Build a team of 3–4 A+ players in 2 months. You will need to both work with existing team members as well as hire new talent.
- Lead the elaboration of the development plan to ensure rapid releases and high productivity thus achieving business goals. You will be working with the Product Owner to find the optimal solution.
- Prepare and implement a technical upgrade plan for the Marketplace module to reduce time to market (up to 3 days within 12 months) and optimize code for fast hypothesis testing.
- Preparing development strategies and a product roadmap with the main stakeholders (Product Owner and System Architect) while being accountable for its timely delivery.
- Leading a team to develop quality software that is used by linguists, agencies, and global brands all over the world.
- Developing and evaluating your direct reports to ensure efficient operation, continued growth, and positive employee engagement.
- Providing training, guidance, and mentorship to individuals in the team.
- Continuously improving code quality and eliminating legacy in the branched piece of code.
- Сollaborating with other team leads and departments.
- At least two years of experience creating and operating high-load web applications based on the .Net stack.
- Being able to plan the application architecture in a load-balancing environment.
- Understanding and conscious application of OOP principles and design patterns.
- Solid understanding of C# and its features.
- Experience in developing applications with concurrent access to resources in the database.
- Experience in front-end development building web applications or willingness to learn more on the subject.
- Willingness to learn and gain experience working with the product and people.
- Growth-oriented mindset.
- Written and spoken English will be a huge plus.
- Integrity, full commitment, and a strong sense of ownership.
- Readiness to work in a highly intense startup environment, requiring extreme focus, a sense of urgency, and persistence to break through.
- Openness to feedback and differing opinions and ideas, easy-going attitude and high tolerance to cultural differences.
Why joining Smartcat might be your best move so far
- The ongoing rise of the content economy is causing a massive shift in the language industry. All today’s megatrends — big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning — are converging in it at lightning speed. Smartcat’s disruptive business model taps into this $50b industry with a market network where buyers and suppliers connect, collaborate, and leverage company free-to-use workflow SaaS. The next decade will be the era of market networks and reinventing the $10 trillion service economy, and they’re pioneering this global transformation in all things language-related.
- You will drive changes in how an old-fashioned global language industry operates while improving how hundreds of thousands of people work, and millions of people exchange knowledge and ideas in the world.
- They are a global team of 100+ enthusiastic people, with hubs in Boston, Amsterdam, Limassol, Moscow, and Hong Kong — and their users and partners are scattered all around the globe. They’re eager to succeed and transform the world of language services for the better. They grow aggressively while preserving their culture of empathy. As diverse as they are, they love working and having fun together, and they’re sure you’ll love working with them too.
- Smartcat is backed by Matrix Partners, FJ Labs, and other top VC firms focusing on SaaS and marketplace startups (like HubSpot, Zendesk, Uber, Stripe, RigUp and Quora in their portfolios).
Head of Engineering & Testing